Do you find yourself constantly cleaning your lenses because they’re dirty? What about continuously bending your frames back and forth because they’re not sitting right on your face? These uncomfortable and very annoying problems can be solved, and here’s the best part – you can do it yourself! We’re here to help you out with a few simple ways to clean your lenses and adjust your frames, so you can see clearly and feel comfortable once again.
Adjusting Your Frames
The idea of adjusting your frames can be overwhelming to some people who have never done it before. Let’s start with a few safe ways. A great way to adjust your frames is by heat. That’s right, heat helps the plastic parts of frame become more adjustable when bending.
- In order to adjust any part of your frame, run any plastic parts under warm water or heat with a hairdryer for 2-3 minutes. Make sure the lenses don’t get heated. Next, carefully bend and adjust your frames accordingly to fit your face.
- If you are having difficulty with your frames sliding down your face, you can bend the earpiece closer to a 90-degree angle towards the back to tighten the fit.
- Never attempt to bend or adjust the frames without warming up the frame first.
Adjusting Your Nose Pads
- If your glasses have nose pads and sit too high on your nose, it can become bothersome. To tighten the nose pads, carefully push the nose pads further apart with your thumbs.
- If your glasses sit too low on your nose, carefully push the nose pads closer together by pinching them with your thumb and index finger.
Cleaning Your Lenses
Cleaning your lenses sounds like a simple process, and it is. However, many people still find difficulty in removing smudges and fingerprints from their lenses even after cleaning them. This is because many people do not know the proper way to clean a glasses lens. Certain methods such as using tissues are counterproductive because tissues leave small lint on the lenses and may add tiny scratches over time. Instead, follow these steps in order to see through clean, clear lenses.
- You can also clean your lenses by using your fingers to gently wash them with dish soap and lukewarm water; this is a common and very effective method.
- Be sure to use just a tiny drop of dish soap and warm water.
- Subsequently, be sure to dry the lenses with a cloth made specifically for lenses.
- We also provide a microfiber cloth in our orders that you can use to remove all lint without damaging the lenses.
Whether your eyeglasses or sunglasses are too loose, too tight, or crooked, there is never a reason to wear glasses that are uncomfortable. Dirty lenses aren’t fun either – so make sure your vision is as perfect as it can be. Just use these simple steps when cleaning and adjusting your glasses and you’ll be happy to see the differences in your comfortability and vision. Owned and operated by eye doctors, 39dollarglasses.com prides itself on being aware and knowledgeable on the latest in the optical industry. We are here to help you with all your questions relating to your glasses and contacts.