Although you may have heard of Drivewear, you may not be familiar with exactly what this lens is capable of. Combining Transitions Photochromic Technology with NuPolar polarization, this impressive lens changes based on the conditions you are in. So if it’s a bright sunny day or if there is a cloudy overcast, your lenses will readjust, giving you a perfect view of the world.
The difference between Transitions Photochromic and Drivewear is that UV rays activate photochromic lenses. For example, if you are wearing your photochromic lenses inside of a vehicle they will not tint because most vehicles have UV protection on all the windows and windshields. The Drivewear tint will active inside of a vehicle but they WILL NOT get clear indoors. They will be a brownish-yellow tint at its lightest.
Because Drivewear lenses are activated by visible light as well as UV light, they are the only lenses that change color behind the windshield of a car. Depending on the weather conditions you are exposed to, your lenses will range from a bright greenish yellow to a bold reddish brown. With each stylish transition your eyes are guaranteed protection from UVA and UVB rays.
In Low Light/ Overcast Conditions:
- Lenses turn a high contrast greenish yellow hue.
- Designed to maximize useful light information.
- The polarized lenses remove glare that otherwise destroys vision in low light conditions.
Behind the Windshield Daylight/Driving Conditions:
- Lenses turn a copper hue.
- Designed to remove excess light and provide good traffic signal recognition.
- Highlights reds and greens.
- The polarized lenses remove glare for safe driving vision.
Bright Light/Outside Conditions:
- Lenses turn a dark reddish brown color.
- Designed for maximum filtration of excess light so the eyes do not become saturated.
- The polarized lenses provide maximum comfort in high light conditions.
The science behind Drivewear technology has been developed simply to ensure that you are your most comfortable at all times. These lenses have been optimized for sunlight response, meaning they are not intended for night driving use, and will provide you with optimum comfort regardless of the weather condition.
For more information on Drivewear or to see them in action, check out their official website here.